Sunday, September 29, 2013

Dare # 75, Alice Gets Lost in Wonderland

In week's Zentangle class, my students worked on tangling gardens. Do check out their work on the "Workshop" tab above. I did one of my own by "borrowing" an Internet coloring book picture of Alice and the Cheshire cat and pasting them where I needed them to be in the completed piece on a word document. Then I printed the page out on watercolor paper. Next, I added my tangled garden using pen, ink and Copics.

I thought the pink Mooka looked kind of like the flamingo's used for the croquet game, and Diva Dance worked perfectly for the tree's texture.
The Zendala Dare this week, from Erin and The Bright Owl, was a pretty one. I enjoyed working on it. She also had given us a new tangle to play with called Solow. Do check that out as well.


10 comments:

  1. Great, I like the knot in the centre, great shading too,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annemarie. I have tried to do that tangle so many times and this is the first time it worked for me.

      Delete
  2. I really like the shading too. It gives the piece a great feeling of dimension. Your circuit all is striking too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did this piece on good watercolor paper. It does make a difference. Usually I just work on the print out and it is harder to make shading work for you on typing paper. Thanks for your comment, Kim.

      Delete
  3. I really like the shading too. It gives the piece a great feeling of dimension. Your circuit all is striking too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim. And, thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful zendala! I love this straight-line composition very much. Great shading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lonetta. They do work better for me if I try to keep them simple. I often overwork them, I think.

      Delete
  5. Like the perspective you created to provide depth. Like your ZIA or Alice and the chesire cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donald. I have been working on that.

      Delete