Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Stackers, Pumpkins and Tipple

Judy West at Creative Doodling, had us doing stackers this week. I LOVE stackers and don't know why I stopped doing them. This is the one I did for her challenge:


I don't know where the cat came from. He was just wandering around in my pen and decided he had to get in on the fun. I'm obviously not much of a "realistic" artist HAHA!

I did the pumpkins first using Copics and colored pencils. They really looked pretty before I added all those tangles and all that coloring work disappeared.



After I finished, I had to go back and look at the one I did a year ago.
Tangles have improved a bit, cat, well, not so much!








Also, The Diva Dared us to use Tipple. I LOVE tipple now that I have used it a few times. I didn't like it at first, but things do change. I was working on a bookmarker for my grandson and just added some to the background:



22 comments:

  1. Both are great and very original! Love the coloring. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Stackers are fun because you can get quite whimsical, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love initialed bookmarks. This one is way cool and your grandson will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Linda. I hope so. Now that I am retired, I will have to cut down on the expensive gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bookmarker is stunning! The letters are great and cool. I´m sure your grandson will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by a second time. I actually forgot to post the Dare and had to edit the blog :(

      Delete
  6. Very fun, your kitties are so great, love TJ's bookmark, what a trick or treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daniele. I hope he likes it. I'm not sure children read as much as we did in our time though. You don't need a bookmarker for an iPad!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you Zoe. The letters are actually traced from a set of letters from the craft store. Wish I were even close to that talented :)

      Delete
  8. I really like your book mark. You blog made me laugh because if the cat comment. Thx :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Meghan. Glad I could lighten your day HAHA!

      Delete
  9. Tipple is so versatile. I like the way you used it in your bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tipple is so easy to do and yet fills in spaces nicely. I think I will use it more. Thanks for you comment, Donald!

      Delete
  10. Very well done, a great bookmark, always a lovely personal gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annemarie. I love to read and use all kinds of scraps for bookmarkers. I should probably make myself one. I never think to do something for myself!

      Delete
  11. So cute. Love the bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comment, Melissa!

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. so beautiful art work, love the pumpkins

    ReplyDelete